Charming 3-star hotel at the gateway to Morvan in Burgundy
A haven of peace in the Morvan
Let yourself be charmed by the bucolic setting of the Moulin des Ruats, ideally situated in the heart of nature, along the river, at 4 km from the centre of Avallon and 13 km from Vézelay, in the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan. Our 3 star hotel and restaurant, offers a moment of peace and serenity in Burgundy for a complete change of air and a feeling of calm and well-being.
The Moulin des Ruats welcomes you to this place full of character: the former XVIIIth century watermill reveals its various charming advantages. The 25 comfortable bedrooms mix elegance and refinement: they will be ideal for your moments of relaxation in Burgundy.
Take the time to appreciate the gentleness of this place with its peaceful atmosphere which cannot fail to enchant you during your stay, whether romantic, professional, with family or with friends.
Our environmental approach
Being located in a
Natura 2000 zone
, we insist on our ecological approach.
In 2020, our old boiler room has been replaced by a low-consumption boiler room coupled with a solar water heater and the old windows by new wooden ones with the latest insulation standards. We have also installed a new bacteriological treat-ment plant.
- creation in 2020 of a new wastewater treatment plant to reduce our environmental impact
- installation of solar panels on our roof to heat water
- corridors equipped with motion detector
- parking area equipped with a charging station for electric vehicles
- staff trained in eco-environmental practices
- display in bathrooms to reduce laundry washing
Waste management and selective refuse collection
- All our bathrooms are equipped with shampoo / shower gel dispensers, in order to limit individual packaging and therefore our waste.
- We have set up a selective refuse collection and compost system for the recovery of our waste. In all departments, sorting paper and newspapers, recovery of batte-ries, light bulbs, ink cartridges, glass and cardboard
Use of more environmentally friendly products
- Our cleaning products are ecological
- The ingredients we use in our restaurant are regional, organic or fair trade pro-ducts when possible.
- Bicycle rental to promote eco-mobility
- Our toilet paper is recycled
You too are an actor in this process
We invite you to participate in our process through simple and non-binding actions
- Stop heating if you open a window
- Turn off lights and television when you leave your room
- Use water rationally in the bathroom
- Leave on the floor only towels that need to be washed
- Leave cans, glass or plastic bottles in view on the desk
Stories and desires
Cloé and David Landriot Jodelet
Cloé and her husband, David, took over the reins of this century-old establishment following Cloé’s parents. They strive to perpetuate the family tradition while bringing their own approach to create a place in their image. That of a dynamic, hardworking, genuine couple, attached to nature and respectful of the environment.
Their experience of five years spent in Asia, Singapore and China, allowed them an enrichment imbued with openness, flavors, social and artistic culture, landscapes and everything that an expatriation can bring of benefit.
They met at Mandarin Oriental Paris in 2011 and have never left each other. David, a pastry chef by trade, trained in the biggest houses such as La Pâtisserie des rêve (Philippe Conticini), Sébastien Bouillet in Lyon, La Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac and he was Pastry Chef of Mandarin Oriental officiating with Thierry Marx before leaving for Singapore where he was a demonstrator pastry chef for Aalst Chocolate.
With 5 years abroad, he will surprise you by revisiting the classics of French pastry.
Cloé, for her part, followed in the footsteps of the family very early on by following the hotel training course at the famous Vatel institution in Paris. She was then able to practice her profession in the most beautiful establishments of the capital such as the Mandarin Oriental, Park Hyatt, Westminster or even Warwick before leaving for Asia and enriching herself with new experiences in delicatessen and French bakery for Eric Kayser and Gontran Cherrier.
They will touch you with their sincerity, their love of the profession and the place to make you have a pleasant stay.
The Moulin in
a fews lines
- Waterfront 3 Star hotel a few kilometers away from Vézelay
- 25 rooms with character
- Large shaded terrace along the river, the Cousin
- Panoramic restaurant
- Meeting rooms and seminars
- Environmental approach for a place that blends into its environment
- Massages on pre-booking
- Bicycles rental
- Playground at 5 minutes by walk with mini golf and ping-pong table
- Relaxation area with sunbathing
Our equipments in the Hotel
of the place
18th century: Creation of the Mill. In turn, it was used as a flour, tan and oil mill
1917: the Mill becomes "a guesthouse"
1950: the Mill is one of the eight hotels that made up "the road to Happiness", which will give birth to the Relais & Châteaux network in 1975
2017: the Moulin celebrates its hundredth anniversary
2020: the Moulin benefits from a modernization work program (for more information, refer to our environmental approach)